`AUSTRALIA` as traveling destination for `Adventure, Family Trip`
Australia can be the most rewarding Adventure and Family Trip destination. There is much you could cover and plan around and all of it will be equally worth remembering for decades to come!
- You could head out to the outback in Parachilna, South Australia with houses and establishments with 1890 verandahs looking over plains of scrubby desert and the typicak 8pm airhorn emptying it all so everyone can wave at the coal train as it thunders past en route to Port Augusta.
- The Northern territory wetlands on the Mary River has options of taking airboats which commute six passengers over reed beds, swampland and open water. You could land at dreamlike lily fields, a sunken forest and the confluence where Mary River meets the ocean.
- To cater to your adrenalin rush, you could ride the horizontal falls on Kimberley Coast, Western Australia. At the junction of Buccaneer Archipelago and into Talbot Bay are two narrow gorges: 6 and 24 meters wide. When the tide changes, its tidal range covers 8-9 metres rising to 13 metres! You could take a custom made boat provided by adventure groups and experience falling from absolutely calm water above the falls through the gorge into Talbot Bay and NEVER forget it!
- Find your natural pool in El Questro, Western Australia at the Zebedee Springs. Other pools you could head to are El Questro Gorge, Amalia Gorge, Champagne Springs and Emma Gorge. The pool at Emma Gorge looks astonishingly black as onyx, cast in shadow by the surrounding 65-metre cliffs; and an enchanting waterfall nearby.
- Feel the pulse of the centre of the earth at Hancock Gorge, Western Australia which forms through the Pilbara hills and drops suddenly into darkness. You have to descend into it by clambering down ladders bolted onto the rock walls and reach the canyon floor. Before you will be a creek and around you spectacular gorge walls rising 100 metres. This narrows compressing the creek and you would have to wade and swim through and squeeze through rock ledges to find yourself at the most astonishing creation of an emerald pool in shadow and all of this takes generally a maximum of an hour. The rock around is 2.5 billion years old and you have literally reached the cradle of Mother Earth. It will stun you into silence.
The above are just five mini adventure trips you can take with your family or solo on an Australian vacation. There is so much more to do! You could trek or take a train across the desert of Ghan and watch the absolutely stark contrasting details of Australian landscape unfold before you. You could be on top of Australia World at Snowy Mountains at the 2228 metre summit of Mount Kosciuszko and so much more!
Make Australia your traveling destination and have a memory forever.